In October, I had the pleasure of sharing a special message for our first event called Stay Strong Saturday, a workout and devotion for women. The night before the event, the Lord pressed it upon my heart that the topic of my message was not what I had prepared. To my surprise, I ran to my office and began taking notes. The new message was How To Stay Strong in the Faith Zone. Before I share more on this, imagine that you have a path set before you which is divided into three parts.
- The comfort zone is located closest to you.
- The end zone is located the furthest away from you.
- The faith zone is the space between your comfort zone and the end zone.
In the comfort zone life is pretty comfortable, peaceful, and familiar. You have a heightened sense of awareness that God is with you and you may sense Him near. The end zone is like the Great Valley in the Land Before Time! In the end zone, you just gone through major testing and experiencing the calm after the storm. Here you have more than enough, freedom, and purpose! The faith zone represents the gap between your comfort and end zone. Let’s take a closer look at the faith zone. The following are facts about the faith zone:
- The faith zone is a time of testing.
- The faith zone is a time of divine discipline. For whom the Lord loves, he chastens or disciplines (Hebrews 12:6).
- The faith zone is a place where you discover or rediscover your strength.
If I were to ask you which zone are you in right now? And you said, the faith zone, for sure!”. Don’t worry, you are completely normal. Often times the enemy will plant seeds in your mind suggesting that you are the only one facing hard times! That you are the only one of your friends and family experiencing trials and as a result you might feel weak, tired, and your faith tank running on empty. It’s okay, we all been there, especially, as a mom. This is why I believe that the Lord had me change my message for the women attending Stay Strong Saturday! Too many of us are falling into the trap of believing the enemy’s lies, while God is trying to get our attention and walk with Him in the faith zone!
How do you stay strong in the faith zone?
- Expect to endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 2:3). Again, the faith zone is a place of tests and trials. If you find yourself there, please know that now is not the time to give up. As believers in Jesus Christ, we can endure difficulties and uncomfortable situations through Christ (Phillipians 4:13).
- Examine your relationships (2 Timothy 3:1-5). It is imperative that you are careful about who you give access to in your life. You can stay strong when you have godly counsel (Proverbs 11:14) to help pray and encourage you when things get tough.
- Lay aside every weight (Hebrew 12:1-3). In the faith zone you are dealing with a lot but you don’t have carry the load. Give it to Jesus because He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7).
- Fix your eyes on Jesus (Revelation 1:8). Fixing your eyes on Him keeps your faith tank full. If Jesus is the word (John 1:1), and you keep you eyes on the word, faith will come (Romans 10:17).
I pray that you read this again and allow God to deposit His love in you. Remember, he corrects those He loves. He loves us as we are but loves us too much for us to stay as we are. We are the righteous and we shall live by faith (Romans 1:17)! With that being said, stay strong, my sister, in the faith zone you are getting wiser, growing in stature, and in favor with God and man (Luke 2:52).